SUPPLY AND DELIVERY OF COLD MIX ASPHALT FOR ROAD MAINTENANCE IN MAKANA LOCAL MUNICIPALITY
Closing Date - 14 February 2024
Quotations are requested from Service Providers for Supply and Delivery, of Cold Mix Asphalt for Road Maintenance in Makana Local Municipality. The product must be delivered (to Makhanda), Makana Local Municipality.
- Bitumen Cold Mix Asphalt
- 800 Bags (30kg/bag)
- 5.5 % binder content
- Aggregate size maximum – 9.5mm
- Compliance Certificate: Test result from the refinery batch from which thepr oduction mix will be taken. Such test results should not be older than 12 months. (Failure to submit the compliance certificate will result to non-compliance)
The quotations will be evaluated on a 80/20 preference points system as per the Preferential Procurement Regulations, 2022.
Only those qualifying Bids will be evaluated in terms of the 80/20 preference points systems, where the 80 will be used for price (VAT inclusive) and a maximum of 10 points allocated for locality and a maximum of 10 for points allocated for B-BBEE status level of contribution as follows:
|B-BBEE Status Level of Contributor
|Number of Points
NB: In order to claim for these points, Bidders are required to submit an original and valid B-BBEE Status Level Verification Certificates or certified copies or the Sworn Affidavits together with their Bids to substantiate their B-BBEE rating claims.
Points allocated for Locality
|Procurement under 80/20
|Within the Sarah Baartman District Municipality’s area of jurisdiction
|Within the Eastern Cape province
|Within South Africa
|Outside South Africa
NB: In order to claim points for locality, prospective bidders are required to submit proof of address of office dealing with the project. A valid lease agreement/municipal account in name of bidder must be submitted. Failure will result in preference points not being allocated.
Payment For Services
Payment will be issued after the service has been rendered.
All relevant information must accompany all quotations submitted. No late or incomplete quotation will be accepted for consideration.
The municipality reserves the right not to accept the lowest or any quotation and no reason for the acceptance or rejection of a quotation will be furnished.
- Prospective bidders to be registered on the central Supplier database (CSD) failure to comply will render the quotation non-responsive.
- It is compulsory that all suppliers to quote on all items.
- Quotations to be valid for 90 days from the closing date.
- The municipality reserves the right not to accept the lowest or any quotation and no reason for the acceptance or rejection of a quotation will be furnished.
- The municipality reserves the right to accept full or part of the quote.
Formal written price quotations should be submitted in a sealed envelope, clearly marked “QUOTATION NO: 62/2023: SUPPLY AND DELIVERY, OF COLD MIX ASPHALT FOR ROAD MAINTENANCE IN MAKANA LOCAL MUNICIPALITY”, which must be placed in the quotation box, 4th Floor, Govan Mbeki Avenue, Port Elizabeth, before 12h00 noon 12 February 2023.
Quotes may also be submitted by means of an email:
For further enquiries with regard to the Request for Quotation, please contact the Project Manager, Mr M Mbanga on (041) 508 7088, email:
All suppliers are required to register on the Central Supplier Database (CSD), as well as submit a Declaration of Interest form (downloadable from the Sarah Baartman District Municipality’s website; www.sarahbaartman.co.za) on the date of submission of their Formal Quote. Information on the CSD is available on the CSD website: www.csd.gov.za.
Should you have any enquiries please contact the Supply Chain Management Unit;
- Khanyisile Notshulwana at (041) 508 7007 or email